I am not on Facebook--and proud of it. But I have been told that you are to list 25 things about yourself. Presumably to lure in unsuspecting strangers and make them into friends who shall be supremely interested in checking back each day to read the banal comments ("snowy today," "feeling hungry," "must make dinner,") that you leave on your wall.
Since my blog is all about ME, I thought I should write 25 things about myself. Except. 25 is far too many. I don't have the time or the imagination for that. (Worst of all, what if there aren't 25? What if there are actually only 20 things about me in the first place? Or ten? What would that mean?) AND. I don't know anything about myself as I seem to have lost myself in a pile of dirty children's clothes. And my memory? Lost in the birthing room.
I will just have to settle for a more meager narcissistic challenge. I will write 5 things. About, essentially, nothing.
Okay. Here goes.
1. Have just eaten cupcake. (Preceded by piece of chocolate cake.)
2. Elder child projectile vomited during lunch. (What a yummy ambiance.)
3. Crocuses are coming up. I would be able to see them if someone had raked the leaves last fall off the flower beds.
4. Found a suspicious substance on my pants. Could have been vomit.
5. I just stopped and examined my cuticles for five minutes. Because I couldn't think of a number five. (See. I could never make it to 25.)