Who says what?

Novelist, mother, minister, and yoga teacher muses on books, babies, motherhood, and what matters with reverent humor.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April First

When I woke up this morning, my husband turned towards me and offered to rub my shoulders. He proceeded to give me an hour long massage focusing on my worst spots. The children slept peacefully until eight o'clock.

I got a phone call early in the day from my agent. It turns out that my book, despite the fact that it hasn't even been published yet, has hit the bestseller list in every country that reads books.

Later, I received a number of emails from once un-requited loves of mine stating how wrong (wrong, wrong, wrong!) they were not to love me when they had the chance.

At lunch I noticed that my nose, which I often worry is too large, has shrunk to half it's size.

In the afternoon, my babysitter refused to accept payment. "Taking care of your children is reward enough," she said, smiling and waving as she left. "I'll watch them any time, for any length of time."

My husband arrived with take-out for dinner. He rubbed my feet while I ate. The children didn't feel at all like crying. And the baby put herself to bed. Then, my toddler read me a book while I lay under my warm quilt. He brushed the hair away from my forehead and kissed me sweetly. He apologized for throwing temper tantrums and told me I am the best mother on the planet.

I slept for nine hours. And I woke up to chocolate cake my husband baked me for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment