Who says what?

Novelist, mother, minister, and yoga teacher muses on books, babies, motherhood, and what matters with reverent humor.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Needy and Shameless

Yes, well, that title ought to get some body's attention. Could land my blog on a few strategic web pages....

Oh, but that' s not what I mean! You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it.

No, I need you. All of you out there who read this blog. And I know who you are, so don't turn away when I'm talking to you! Because, like I said, I'm needy and shameless.

In 43 days, my book will be published. And, as it happens, I have hired all of you to help me promote it. (Don't worry. You will be paid later in lavish compliments and hugs. Which, when you think about it, is a lot better than boring old money.)

People keep asking me what they can do to help me. Since you can't sleep on my behalf (the only truly helpful thing I need)--but I digress. You want to help me with my book; isn't that what you meant?

Here's how:
1. Buy it. Preferably locally.
2. Review it for Amazon and give it maximum stars. (I said this would be shameless so don't look askance.)
3. Tell everyone you know about it. In every way you can think of.
4. Come to one of my book events.

What you can do now:
1. LINK to my book. LINK to this blog. MENTION the book's name on your website or blog (THIS LITTLE MOMMY STAYED HOME). Or if you visit other mommy or book related blogs MENTION it to them. If you didn't know it already, the Internet rules the world and the more LINKS to my book and blog, the higher up I go on the all-important Google search engine.
2. INVITE me to your book group. INVITE me to your local bookstore. INVITE me to be a guest on your blog. INVITE me to speak at your library. The book costs money, but hey, I'm free!
3. THINK of other things, because frankly, I know diapers about marketing. Which is why, as I said, I'm so damn needy.

Now consider yourself virtually hugged. Oh, and by the way, you are my favorite person.

3 comments:

  1. Done, and I'll keep plugging you shamelessly on the mommy blogs I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall be devoted to you forever. I would even give you my first born child...only you've got your own...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, thanks, but I kind of have my hands full already. Of course he's welcome to visit... ;)

    ReplyDelete