Who says what?

Novelist, mother, minister, and yoga teacher muses on books, babies, motherhood, and what matters with reverent humor.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

You say it's your book launch?

Today's my great book launch, reading, chat, signing at the Odyssey Bookshop, a glorious, enormous, independent bookstore. I will try to shower before going. And possibly find something to wear without a stain. But I can't promise much; the toddler had a 30-minute "I won't eat what you give me," lunch time scream feast that essentially lead me into the outer reaches of Zen practice as I attempted not to a) throttle, b) throw an equally hysterical fit or c) ask, in a booming voice, "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I'M A FAMOUS NOVELIST! YOU CAN'T TREAT ME LIKE THIS."

Um. Well. Right. So. See you soon?

I have a whole week of book tour stops ahead. You can click on the link to find out where and how to get there. In the meantime, please. Eat your sweet potato.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, so, I'm a good friend and a bad customer.

    On my lunch break I stopped in at Borders to gloat that MY OLDEST FRIEND had a book in their display.

    Only I didn't really like where it was.

    So I moved it from the laying-down-flat-where-you-only-see-it-if-you're-already-there spot on the "New paperbacks" table to a more prominent, facing-the-entire-store location. It looks good there. Really, it does. I think it's a good layout move for the store, as well.

    Besides, the lame book I moved down to make room for yours was written by someone who'd never even HAD kids. Loser.

    Then I went to reward myself by staring at their gooey desserts, and imagined eating one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU rock my world. That is the best story of all time. Only next time, EAT the gooey dessert. You know I would do it for you.

    ReplyDelete