Who says what?

Novelist, mother, minister, and yoga teacher muses on books, babies, motherhood, and what matters with reverent humor.

Friday, July 3, 2009

You Can't Be Serious?

Being funny is really hard work.

It's much easier to be serious. Seriously. Melodrama just flows from me. Sap. Sentiment. Self-obsessed misery.

But I have to work really, really hard to write something funny for all you virtual people out there. And STILL I can't get taken seriously.

Comedy is for the dogs.

Woof. Woof.

P.S. Novel is out. THIS LITTLE MOMMY STAYED HOME is a totally serious, deep, probing account of the great mystery of motherhood in all its complex, inscrutable ways. Adrienne Rich move over. I will depress the heck out of you. I mean, when you're sitting around using your precious free-time to read a novel, isn't depression what you're after?

P.P.S. Here are some fun blogs I've visited lately: www.maggiemarr.com. www.robertaisleib.com/blog http://www.joannerendell.com/. http://grannypantychronicles.blogspot.com/
There are others! I'll try to get them up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you, I was literally laughing out loud at some parts of the book - the Goobs kept looking up from his Thomas trains and saying "what? what's funny, mama?"

    Kind of hard to explain mommy humor to a toddler. :)

    ReplyDelete