Who says what?

Novelist, mother, minister, and yoga teacher muses on books, babies, motherhood, and what matters with reverent humor.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More on Motherhood

Thinking more about my yesterday post and comment interchange--here's a reprint of the fantastic Nantucket Today magazine article in which I scandalously refer to motherhood as a spiritual calling. And YES, you SHOULD buy the book!! And one small caveat--I wax a bit on what I love about staying home with my children, but I certainly do not now, nor ever have, believed all women should stay home. I feel all women should only do what EACH women feels called to do and I admire and respect mothers who do whichever.

Read the review here.

2 comments:

  1. So, in this broader context, I get what you're saying. For you, motherhood is the purpose. For me, not so much. But then, living as a single mother when I'm actually married has probably influenced my feelings about it more than whether I work at home or out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by all that you do and shoulder with cheer (really, I am not kidding.) REgardless of where one "works," if you're a mother, you have this job/calling/vocation/profession/practice.

    ReplyDelete