Who says what?

Novelist, mother, minister, and yoga teacher muses on books, babies, motherhood, and what matters with reverent humor.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Keep Truckin'

Wouldn't it be nice to have your own personal cheerleader? (Provided she also cleaned house, did laundry, cooked meals and gave professional, therapeutic massages?)

Because then someone would say to you: keep going. You're doing an awesome job.

Sometimes, because I'm like this, I tell myself what a great job I'm doing.

And you know what? I feel much, much better. And then I do a better job.

Now you won't believe me because I haven't been watching you, but I don't doubt that you're doing an awesome job too.

Think of the baseball players. What makes them great? Hitting the ball thirty percent of the time! Talk about setting the bar low. As my husband pointed out, you don't want a surgeon with those kinds of numbers, but a mother? Might be good enough.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, my brother-in-law keeps looking for a cheerleader like that, but I think it's more about the massages than the encouragement... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...those kind of massages. Who needs them! I want some deep tissue work in my upper back, screw the love!

    ReplyDelete